The psoas major is one of the most important muscles in the human body! This DVD demonstrates and discusses:
- Review of attachments and actions
- Length assessment
- Palpation assessment and soft tissue manipulation with the client in supine, side-lying, ¾ side-lying, prone, and seated positions.
- Multiple therapist-assisted stretching techniques
- Self-care stretches for the client
- Corrective Rest Position for the psoas major
- Bonus: Multiple yoga asanas (poses) that are effective at stretching the psoas major.
Dr. Joe Muscolino is a chiropractor in private practice and has been a manual therapy educator for more than 25 years. He explains and teaches these techniques simply, clearly, and thoroughly! his DVD is a must for all manual therapists: massage therapists, structural integration practitioners, athletic trainers, physical and occupational therapists, chiropractic and osteopathic physicians, and Pilates and yoga instructors.